Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June 9th--Surgery Day!


I've been having jaw problems ever since August and haven't been able to play the clarinet, eat normally, or do a lot of other things. I had surgery on my jaw on Monday, June 9th. This picture was taken a few days after. Now that I've had the surgery (which also included taking out all four of my impacted wisdom teeth) I'm doing really well! Even with this surgery I won't be able to play the clarinet very much for the rest of my life, but the goal is to be able to play at all! Things are going well--I have my first of many, many doctor's appointments tomorrow and I will let you all know what the results are! Meanwhile, I'm supposed to 'refrain from talking' until July 1st, which has been even harder than not being able to eat solid foods for 6 weeks. It's been an interesting week so far, only 5 more to go!

I don't exactly remember this picture picture being taken... I was pretty drugged up, but I look happy!


You're probably embarrassed for me, but don't be. I'm proud of my pictures--I am way less swollen than most people that just get their wisdom teeth out. Plus, who couldn't love my hairdo?

2 comments:

Becca said...

Steph you're awesome! I love your humor on life and readiness to face the world. Wishing for a quick and great recovery!

Susan and Chris said...

That does not look fun Stephanie! Hope you heal quickly!