Thursday, April 7, 2011

Blog Alternative

I am known to friends and family as a big journaler. Yes, I LOVE writing in my journal. But I'm annoyed at the effort it takes to keep up a journal, a scrapbook, a blog, facebook, etc. I just want them all to be one. But Blogger is not cutting it for me. I've never really liked it since I've started blogging, and for the past few months I've been casually looking around for an alternative. I know there is a website out there that does everything I want, I just have to find it. I'm looking for an online scrapbook really, but I want it to have tons of journaling features and layout features and lots of other things, and to be able to be viewed by others. Here are lists of things I do and don't like about Blogger, if any of you know of an alternatives, please let me know about them! This is something I will be willing to pay money for in the next few months, so it doesn't have to be free.

Things I like:
it's free!
That i can turn it into a book--i want to be able to transfer and edit in Shutterfly, etc.
Lots of space


Things I don't:
One picture at a time--why not a full page layout with more possibilities?
No Private and public posts--maybe this is possible and I don't know about it. (I don't want a private blog and a public one)
Old posts don't keep the old backgrounds
I can't tag people--I love Picasa for this reason, but it also lacks a lot.
Pictures take forever to load--so much slower than other websites I've tried. Why?
Can't easily re-order posts. I want to make a sort of life history and go backwards, but that would be a lot of work on blogger, if it's even possible.

I will keep updating this post as more things come to mind.

2 comments:

amberdat said...

Steph! So great to hear from you. Are you really living in Meridian? We are moving there in a month!! Trace got a job there and he graduates next month so that's where we are going to end up! How long have you been there? Do you like it there? We will have to see each other! I am soooo excited!!
p.s. uncle greg is on the white rim right now!!

amberdat said...

this is amber by the way, i must be logged in in my other gmail account!!! i love that our kids are the same age by the way. you should stay in boise so we can have them be friends for the rest of their lives!