Thursday, April 7, 2011

For Lindsey

Hi Friends,
My good friend Lindsey Robinson Karr has been given a short time to live because of brain tumors. I've known Lindsey since 5th grade and she's one of the most amazing people I've ever known. She first got brain tumors when we were in 9th grade, I believe, and has always handled her health problems with such a positive attitude! You should visit her blog at:

http://forlindsey.blogspot.com/

What I think is cool is that there is a daily deal website that is just like Groupon that donates 15% of your purchases to the cause of your choice, and Lindsey's cause is one of the choices. It's called Deals that Matter and you can sign up for it and learn more about it on her blog. There will even be a 30 day period when 100% of your purchases go straight to Lindsey. So cool! I wish I'd known about this earlier. The 30 day period will start when Lindsey's family has gotten the word out to enough people and they have enough people signed up.

Lindsey has tons of medical bills, of course, and her husband Josh (who was in Jazz band with me in high school) has taken an unpaid leave from work to be with her. I can hardly think about it without crying. Anyway, I'd appreciate it if you'd check it out.

0 comments: