Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Believe it or Not

So if you're reading this blog then you probably know me, and if you know me then you know that I can't cook. A Christmas present I got a few years back says it all. It was a cookbook compiled by my sister Kristi. The message inside the front cover said "For Chef Steph--The Cook That Can't Cook Anything!" She included recipes like mashed potatoes, Bisquick biscuits (Bisquick and water), and Chili, Chips'n Cheese. Yes, I actually used them.
Well, guess what? Being away from mom's house has made me crave some good food and now that I have the time, I've been doing some cooking! I don't necessarily enjoy it yet, but I'm getting there. I said to Josh the other day "I'm starting to get excited to eat my own food." Now that is saying something.
This is a chicken pot pie that I've made several times. Thanks to mom's great pie crust, this is definitely one of my favorite dishes.


4 comments:

Henderson Family said...

I love all your cute new posts. Looks like you've been having fun!!! Maybe you should post the recipe to the pot pie, for the benefit of other non-cookers like myself:)

Becky said...

I'm impressed, Stephanie! Before you know it, you'll be a pro.

Kristi said...

Steph, that's so awesome!! Glad you used the cookbook I gave you. Let me tell you, I know from personal experience the long journey towards the love of cooking. Took me years. haha :) The pot pie is making me HUNGRY!

Scottypoo said...

Hello Josh and Stephanie... ok probably Stephanie. How's it going? I like your blog. WE REALLY LIKED your son's pic. Very pretty!